Manifesting your Creative Vision
The Root Chakra is associated with the color red. This chakra is the grounding force that allows us to connect to the earth’s energies and empowers our being. Focusing one’s attention on the color of a cherry Popsicle or a juicy red apple can help bring our energetic body “down to earth” and in alignment with our physical body when we find ourselves energetically fleeting or in other words…..”spacing out.”
Personally, I have a tendency to leave my body and find that I need to spend the most time with this particular chakra. Plus, it is considered to be your money-maker and deserves extra attention in order to attract more prosperity. The one thing very successful and healthy people have in common is a strong root chakra.
Chakra One – Associations
- Color – red
- Sanskrit Name – Muladhara
- Physical Location – base of the spine
- Purposes – kinesthetic feelings, movement
- Spiritual Lesson – material world lessons
- Physical Dysfunctions– lower back pain, sciatica, varicose veins, depression, immune related disorders
- Mental and Emotional Issues – survival, self-esteem, social order, security, family
- Information Stored Inside Root Chakra – familial beliefs, superstitions, loyalty, instincts, physical pleasure or pain, touch
- Area of Body Governed – spinal column, kidneys, legs, feet, rectum, immune system
- Root Chakra Exercises – Chakracise your root chakra by stomping your feet upon the ground, marching, and doing squats. Gardening and raking leaves are both good, too.
- Root chakra foods: vegetables: carrots, potatoes, parsnips, radishes, beets, onions, garlic, etc.
- Protein-rich foods: eggs, meats, beans, tofu, soy products, almond butter
- Spices: horseradish, hot paprika, chives, cayenne, pepper
Gemstones, Flower Essences and Aromatherapy that stimulate, cleanse and energize the root chakra:
- Gemstones-Hematite, Black Tourmaline, Onyx, Ruby
- Flower Essences-Corn, Rosemary
Take a few deep breaths. Imagine you are standing in a field somewhere distant on a warm summer day. Your bare feet feel the cool soil as you dig your toes into the earth. Imagine a line that begins at the bottom of your feet that travels down to the center of the earth. Imagine an anchor at the bottom of the line. And then imagine the line becomes the size of a street. Think to yourself, “I now connect with Mother Earth. Mother Earth is my home. I belong here. I am peace on earth. I am experiencing heaven on earth.”
Or if you are sitting at your desk, take a few deep breaths and click your heels together 300 times and think, “There is no place like home, there is no place like home, there is no place like home, etc…”
Do the above grounding visualizations before you get out of bed and a few times throughout the day. When you are grounded, you feel more energized and full of vitality. You come across to others as being confident and secure.
The root chakra is all about manifesting your creative vision in the world, which is why some call it your money-maker. In order to experience more prosperity–love, compassion, health and wealth–be sure to balance and strengthen this chakra.